James Wilson is an educational professional with over 30 years of experience leading school systems in all facets of operation including: personnel and financial management, school construction oversight and project development, bond and tax referendum preparation, technology integration, leadership training and stakeholder communications.
Mr. Wilson is currently the CEO of Education Planners, providing solutions for educational success. Education Planners is a partnership of education professionals with decades of experience leading school systems in all facets of improvement. His firm works to achieve “The classroom of tomorrow today”.
He has participated in the Harvard University Superintendent Institute, the Harvard University Institute for Educational Leaders and is a member of the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) for leadership institute. While serving as Superintendent of Schools in Fulton County, he expanded instructional technology, creating “virtual classrooms” where students take coursework from Georgia Tech while staying in their home setting.
- American Association of School Administrators
- Council of Urban Boards of Education
- Council of Education Facility Planners
- Metropolitan Regional Educational Services Agency
- EdNet Superintendent Executive Board Member
- Kennesaw State University Adjunct Professor
- Board of Directors of Benjamin Mayes Academy for Young Men
Publications and Training
- Leadership through Turbulent Times
- Building Positive Public Awareness
- Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Innovations in Facility Management
- Now Let’s Think About This
- NASSP Personnel Assessment
- Leadership Is
- Hagerman Administrator Selection
- Purpose of Schooling
- Leveraging Technology for Student Achievement